Swimming in the gem of the Aegean
Santorini is situated within the Cycladic group of islands in the Aegean Sea. It is a unique island as it combines, a rich eleven millennia history still evident on the island, world-famous wines due to its rich soil, an active as well as a lesser known submerged volcano that have shaped the island, spectacular views of the Aegean sea sunsets and undiscovered stretches of coastline offering incredible swimming in the deep blue Aegean Sea. This unique Swim The Volcano cultural swim trip is designed to give you a complete ‘taste’ of Santorini, from its Cycladic deep blue waters to the secrets of its ancient inhabitants and their artefacts. A swimming experience and more!
The 7-day programme starts on Monday and finishes the following Monday. We will greet you at the airport on arrival and take you to our luxurious, 4 star hotel El Greco to relax, rest or indulge yourself in one of the 4 swimming pools or spa. In the evening we will formally introduce you to the rest of the group over complimentary drinks and give you information on the week’s trip.
The swim trip will start the following morning with a filmed swimming analysis and coaching from our qualified guides.
Each morning we will board our traditional wooden boat and head to a different location around the caldera for a coastal swim with spectacular views of Santorini and its surrounding islands. For lunch we will visit a nearby harbour where local mouth-watering Greek food is freshly prepared.
What is included in the holiday
The trip starts on your arrival at the airport where you will be welcomed and taken in a mini bus to our hotel. In the evening you will have a chance to meet your fellow swimmers and be briefed on the week’s itinerary and safety issues over relaxing complimentary drinks.
On the first day of the trip our guides/coaches will video your swimming technique for an analysis session. We then view this with you and offer advice on achieving a more efficient, injury-free stroke. Individual advice can also be given during the swims.
A rich, buffet style breakfast is offered every morning at the hotel; we will then take you in a minibus to the cable car in Fira town which takes you down the dramatic, spectacular cliffs of Santorini to board our boat heading for our 1st swimming location.
After the swim we will visit one of the harbours for lunch where we stop and rest for about 1.5 - 2 hours.
We then board the boat and we continue our discovery of Santorini on land, visiting a different cultural location every day.
You will also be given a Santorini-themed T-shirt, a water bottle and a swimming hat.
- On Arrival at the airport: Free transfer to the hotel and in the evening given a complimentary drink, T-shirt and water bottle
- 1st Day: Individual underwater video, Individual stroke analysis, Swimming hat
- Hotel accommodation
- 2 motorised boats (One main and 1 auxiliary)
- 2 qualified swim guides
- Local Greek boat captain
- Cold drinks along the swims
- Variety of snacks at the end of each swim
- All transfers to various venues
- Free entrance and qualified guided tour to AKROTIRI Minoan site
- Free entrance and qualified guided tour to ancient Thira site
- Free entrance and guided tour to famous Santorini wineries incl. complimentary drinks and snacks
- Visit to Oia town, north Santorini for the world-famous sunset
- Free entrance to Santorini prehistoric Museum
- Free entrance to Santorini archaeological Museum
- Free entrance to Santorini Byzantine Museum
- Free transfer back to the airport
Please note lunches and evening meals are not included. Snacks are included each day on the boat and during the winery tour.